1. What was your favourite/least favourite poem? Why?
2. Why do you think the book was divided into sections? Do the sections make sense?
3. How did you feel about the collection overall? Did you like/dislike it? Why?
4. Many of the poems are based on myths or stories – did you like this? Did they work as poems?
5. Did you notice any particularly striking uses of simile/metaphor?
6. Could you relate to the subject matter of the poems?
7. Animals feature very strongly in this collection - did you have any favourite animal poems? Did you like the theme? Was it too much?
8. Did you notice any particular moods or feelings within the writing?
9. The book is very “wordy” did you like this rich language?
10. What did you think of the title poem? Did you like/dislike it? Why do you think it was the title poem?
11. Did you find the notes at the end of the book helpful?
12. Did you have any other thoughts about individual poems or the collection as a whole?